I've seen a lot. I've heard enough. I've been here and there. But i still dont know life...

pátek 17. dubna 2009

Karl being clever


Agren: Okay. How do you look when you wake up?

Lagerfeld: That’s why I sleep alone. My hair is curly, and that’s why I have my ponytail. I look like a madman, like something out of a horror movie! But I'm very impeccable and clean before I go to bed. It’s just like right before I’m going out. When I was a child, my mother always told me that you could wake up in the middle of the night and be deathly sick, so you always have to be impeccable. I laugh about it now, but I think everyone should go to bed like they have a date at the door.

Agren: What advice would you give me on becoming a supermodel?

Lagerfeld: That’s very difficult. I’m not a girl, but for a supermodel, my advice is that it’s based on . . . (hits hand on table) no justice. It's not because you want to be a supermodel, or because your mother thinks you’re a hundred times better than Claudia Schiffer. You can be a model like yourself, very elegant and chic, or you can become a kind of advertising PR person, like Heidi Klum. You can do whatever you want, but it isn’t really your choice. You want to know what the real secret is?



Agren: Tell me.
Lagerfeld: Its not being perfect. What one needs is a face that people can identify in a second. That’s why the girls who were famous in the ‘90s can still work for advertising. People know their faces. The little blonde Russian, Sasha (Pivovarova), has a face people can remember instantly, but for other models today, people think, Is she this one or that one? It’s very difficult, but, you see, in fact there is no advice, because all circumstances are very different. It depends on what you are ready to give, the kind of life you bring, what may be exciting or disappointing . . . You can’t accuse anyone of not doing enough to help you, because, besides yourself, there’s nothing anyone can do. You have to be given what’s needed by nature, and what’s needed is to bring something new. But it’s the most . . . (hits hand on table) unjust . . . (hits hand on table) thing in the world.

Agren: Thank you so much, Karl.
Lagerfeld: Well, it’s true, isn’t it?

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat